The insurance is provided by UK Underwriting Ltd on behalf of Ageas Insurance Limited and is administered by Warranty Solutions. This summary does not describe all the terms and conditions of the policy, so please take time to read the policy document to make sure you understand the cover it provides.
What Is Mechanical / Electrical Breakdown Warranty
Your extended warranty will cover the cost of parts, labour and Call out charges (inc VAT) during normal working hours (8am – 5pm Monday to Friday) should any covered component result in actual and sudden mechanical / electrical failure or breakdown which results in the sudden stoppage of the Appliance(s)’s normal function and which necessitates repair to resume those functions.
What Are The Main Exclusions And Limitations Of This Policy?
The maximum payment for a single claim will not exceed the original purchase price of the insured product and is subject to a maximum of £3,000
• Call out charges where a fault cannot be found with the appliance(s).
• Accidental damage.
• Costs not authorised by the claims administrator.
• Any claim within the first 30 days of purchasing this policy.
• Deliberate damage or neglect of the appliance(s).
• Repairs to cosmetic parts, furniture and accessories exterior to the appliance(s).
• Damage caused by foreign objects or substances.
• Faults known to you before commencement of cover under your policy.
• Work, which relates to a manufacturer recall.
• Claims in respect of routine inspection or maintenance, service adjustment, tuning, re-alignment, blockage or cleaning.
• Claims in excess of the original purchase price of the appliance(s).
• The VAT element of any claim where the insured is VAT registered.
For full details, refer to the policy document.
Your Cancellation Rights
We hope you are happy with the cover this policy provides. However you have the right to cancel it within 45 days of receiving the policy. See the section headed “Cancellation”.
Making a Claim
To make a claim, you can call a dedicated freephone action line that is in the policy document
What to Do If You Are Not Satisfied
It is our intention to give you the best possible service but if you do have questions or concerns about this insurance or the handling of a claim you should in the first instance contact: Warranty Solutions, in writing at Office 4, 219 Kensington High Street, Kensington, London, England, W8 6BDor telephone 0800 408 4249
If you are still not satisfied, you may contact the insurer via: The Head of Claims,UKUnderwriting Ltd, Cast House,OldMillBusinessPark,Leeds,LS10 1RJ
If you are not happy with the response you have received, you have the right to ask the Financial Ombudsman Service to review your case.
In the event that Ageas Insurance Limited is unable to meet its liabilities you may be entitled to compensation from the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). See the section headed “Compensation Scheme”. Further information is available from their website: www.fscs.org.uk.
Warranty Solutions is trading style of WS (UK) Ltd, an Appointed Representative of Coverall Worldwide Ltd which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.